Healthy Aggression and the Jaw
Anger held in the body can lead to muscular tension, sympathetic states and can even effect our organs. How can we help our clients recognise and deal with this type of emotion in the context of manual therapy?
This course addresses the purpose of anger and the physical and energetic effects of habitually withholding the expression of it. We will learn how to lead clients through these emotions and show them how to overcome any initial inhibitions so they can explore their physiology using their voice beyond language with a playful and experimental attitude.
Thursdays, 3/10/17 November 2022
19h UK time
In this course you will learn:
what the purpose of anger is
how tension gets stuck in the jaw
about the physical and energetic effects of habitually withholding anger
to understand the micro-expressions connected to territorial energy and threat and how they direct the instinctual flow of energy
how to help clients explore their physiology and voice
how to safely deal with any sudden overwhelm and emotions in relation to working with the energy of anger
how to help clients shift and move the energy of anger through sound
• practical methods to enable clients to explore the connection between their jaw and their pelvic floor using sound and breath
Thursday, 3 November 2022
19h UK time
Inquiry into the Purpose of Anger and Why It Gets Stuck
- Introduction into the purpose of anger; your and your clients relationships to anger.
- How tension gets stuck in the jaw. Practical insights into the physical and energetic effects of habitually withholding the expression of anger.
- Imagery and techniques that support clients to open their jaws wide and ample without using force.
- Practical methods to enable clients to explore the connection between the jaw and the pelvic floor; using sound and breath.
- How will you integrate this in your practice – group discussion Q&A
Thursday, 10 November 2022
19h UK time
Exploring the Directional Flow of the Energy of Anger through Micro Expressions & Releasing Tension in The Jaw
- Understanding the micro expressions connected to territorial energy and threat, and reframing how we experience the pure energy of anger as well as tension in the jaw.
- Using the above to gain an embodied sense of how micro expressions direct the instinctual flow of energy.
- Dry exercises of opening the jaw.
- How will you integrate this into your practice – group discussion Q&A
Thursday, 17 November 2022
19h UK time
How To Use Sound To Express Healthy Aggression & Shift Energy Safely*
(*without causing retraumatization)
- What to pay attention to when encouraging clients to tone and make sounds.
- How to create a safe space, address and deal with any sudden overwhelm and emotions in relation to working with the energy of anger.
- Leading clients through and overcoming any initial inhibitions so they can explore their physiology, voice and make sounds beyond language with a playful and experimental attitude.
- Present and demonstrate practical ways of shifting and moving the energy of anger through sound; which, surprisingly, is pleasurable for many people.
- How will you integrate this in your practice – group inquiry – Q&A
BUY THIS COURSE
COURSE PRICE – £60
Life-time access to course content
COURSE & YEARLY MEMBERSHIP – £99
Access to course content for the duration of the membership
Access to all our live and recorded webinars
20% discount on all other courses
Cordelia Zafiropulo is a vocal embodiment facilitator who specialises in using the voice as a catalyst for embodiment, helping people connect to their core, find their voice and become more fully expressed.
Join Cordelia as she shows us how to work with the emotion of anger in constructive ways within the context of manual therapy.